CompTIA Server+ ensures pros have the skills to work in data centers or cloud environments.
CompTIA is trusted by employers around the globe. The Server+ is a global certification that validates the hands-on skills of IT professionals who install, manage, and troubleshoot servers in data centers as well as on-premise and hybrid environments.
CompTIA Server+ is the only certification that can ensure that IT professionals at the administrator level are able to do the job in any environment, including essential hardware and software technologies of on-premise and hybrid server environments including high availability, cloud computing, and scripting.
This credential covers the following areas:
- Server hardware installation and management
- Server administration
- Security and disaster recovery
Recommended Experience: CompTIA recommends individuals have at least completed the A+ certification, or 18 months of hands-on IT experience before pursuing this credential.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential is ideal for individuals looking to advance their understanding of server and enterprise-level data management. If you’re early in your IT career and looking to increase your skills and expertise in network administration or data management, this credential provides a vendor-neutral validation of skills.
With increased growth in network and systems opportunities over the last decade, CompTIA Server+ is the first step in advancing your career in IT.
This credential is ideal for individuals who are looking to work as a systems administrator, data center technician, server administrator, IT technician, field service engineer, or network administrator.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Once you’ve reviewed the exam prep and you’re ready to take the course, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free or speak to a representative from your school to see if this course is offered at no-cost
- Once you understand if you qualify, you can complete the exam via PearsonVue online and follow the step-by-step instructions to create an account, select your online exam, and earn your credential
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.