This certification demonstrates knowledge of the options and benefits of adopting cloud services, the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model and implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service.
This credential validates skills in the following areas:
- Describe cloud concepts
- Describe core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
- Explain security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing and support
There are 4 Learning Path Modules to be completed prior to taking the exam. These modules are free and self-paced. The exam can be taken online via Pearson VUE. Be sure to contact NCBCE staff to see if you qualify to take the exam and receive your certification for free.
For a complete description of the certification and the skills measures, review the Certification Skills Outline.
Who should complete this credential?
Microsoft’s enterprise tools are some of the most commonly used and powerful technologies in business. This certification is a great starting point for individuals who are considering a career in cloud computing, network administration, or general enterprise IT management.
If you have the desire to explore an IT career with a focus on enterprise IT management, this is a great credential to demonstrate your fundamental understanding of the subject matter.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
The Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals coursework is available for free online as a self-paced learning program.
- Before taking the credentialing exam, individuals should review/complete the Microsoft Certification Hub Learning Path Modules
- The certification exam can be taken via Pearson VUE or Certiport by navigating to this page; students and others impacted by COVID-19 can also take this exam at a limited-time discounted rate
- To utilize the limited-time COVID-19 rate, sign in or log in using existing or new Microsoft credentials
- Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify to earn your credential for free