The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is an entry-level AWS certification. It validates cloud fluency and foundational AWS knowledge.
The course is best suited for individuals with basic knowledge of AWS Cloud, including an understanding of services and use cases, billing and pricing models, security concepts, and how cloud computing impacts business operations.
With this course, you’ll learn to:
- Explain the value of the AWS Cloud
- Understand and explain the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understand security best practices
- Understand AWS Cloud costs, economics, and billing practices
- Describe and position the core AWS services, including compute, network, databases, and storage
- Identify AWS services for common use cases
This course should take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Explore the complete exam guide to learn more about the certification requirements.
Who should complete this credential?
If you’re interested in cloud computing, network security, or supporting a large corporate or institutional network infrastructure, the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is a great way to validate basic skills in AWS.
The ideal candidate for this credential is an individual with six months or equivalent exposure to AWS Cloud or a basic understanding of AWS Cloud design, implementation, and operation. This certification provides you with the job-readiness skills needed to do everything from managing users to monitoring compliance in AWS Cloud and can prepare you for your next network career opportunity.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
The first step in preparing to complete this credential is to review the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam Guide.
Once you feel confident in your ability to complete the exam, you’ll follow these steps to begin:
- Navigate to the AWS Certification Hub
- Select, “Schedule an Exam”
- Create an AWS account, Amazon account as prompted
- Complete basic demographic and identification information
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.