Designed as easy to understand and beginner-friendly course focusing on various data collections, manipulation tools, logic and bit operations and creating basic REST APIs.
Learn to design, write, debug, and run programs encoded in the Python language. No prior programming knowledge is required. The course begins with the very basics guiding you step by step until you become adept at solving more complex problems.
Prepare for Careers
- Develop fundamental programming skills
- Prepare for PCEP and PCAP certification exam
- Build your foundation to pursue more specialized networking and software development skills
The Cisco Networking Academy offers the following course study for PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming
Learn programming from scratch and master Python.
NetAcad students can register at an active Cisco Networking Academy teaching Programming Essentials in Python. Please check with your school to find out what they charge tuition-wise.
Who should complete this credential?
Target Audience: Secondary, 2-year and 4-year college students
How great would it be to write your own computer program? Python is a multi-paradigm programming language used by startups and tech giants like Google, Facebook, Netflix, and more. With intuitive, readable syntax, Python is a great first programming language to learn.
Programming skills open you up to careers in almost any industry and are required if you want to continue to more advanced and higher paying software development and engineering roles.
Endless possibilities await for conceptualizing and creating software after you acquire the right programming skills. Each programming course prepares you for an industry recognized certification.
Learning Component Highlights:
- 8 modules of interactive instructional content
- 30+ practice labs
- Built-in online tool for labs and practice
- Quizzes, tests, and final exam
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
- Find a location near you that offers Cisco Networking Academy courses.
- Complete the Programming Essentials in Python course at a Cisco Networking Academy to achieve the knowledge needed.
- Visit the ‘Programming Essentials in Python’.
This course is a great place to start learning Python – no prior programming knowledge required. Completing the course earns you a Statement of Achievement. It is split into two parts preparing you for two certifications:
- Part 1 (PE1: 35 hours) prepares you for PCEP – Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification.
- Part 2 (PE2: 40 hours) prepares you for PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming Certification.
For more information, visit:
- Cisco Networking Academy website
- PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming certification
- Cisco Networking Academy Course Demos and Collateral
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.