Embark on your journey to DevNet Associate certification. Develop software skills needed to become a vital part of today's IT teams. You’ll learn the best practices of modern software development practices, DevOps, and how to securely interact with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to automate existing manual processes with only a few lines of code.
You'll Learn These Core Skills:
- Practice software development skills, including Python, GIT, and common data formats (XML, JSON, and YAML).
- Become familiar with infrastructure automation using code, DevOps methodology, and microservices.
- Deploy applications as containers and use Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using Cisco Packet Tracer and virtual machines.
The Cisco Networking Academy offers the following course for Cisco DevNet Associate study: DevNet Associate
Learn software development skills to integrate and automate networks.
NetAcad students can register at an active Cisco Networking Academy teaching DevNet Associate. Please check with your school to find out what they charge tuition-wise.
Who should complete this credential?
This course introduces the methodologies and tools of modern software development, applied to the IT and Network operations. It covers a 360° view of the domain including microservices, testing, containers, and DevOps, as well as securely automating infrastructures with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Develop skills for entry-level software development and infrastructure automation jobs
- Prepare for DevNet Associate certification exam
Target Audience: Secondary vocational students, 2-year and 4-year college students and participants of coding bootcamps
Learning Component Highlights:
- 8 modules and 23 practice labs
- 5 Cisco Packet Tracer activities
- 6 videos, 8 quizzes, 8 module exams
- 1 final exam, 1 practice certification exam
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Find a location near you that offers Cisco Networking Academy courses.
Complete the DevNet Associate course at a Cisco Networking Academy to achieve the knowledge needed. Visit the ‘Cisco Certified DevNet Associate Certification and Training’ URL below for other options.
No formal prerequisites but one or more years of experience implementing and administering Cisco solutions is recommended.
Take and pass the 200-901 DEVASC
All Cisco certifications are valid for 3 years. You may recertify by passing a qualifying exam
Earn 30 continuing education credits.
For more information, visit the Cisco Networking Academy website
For course demos and other collateral, visit the Cisco Networking Academy Course Demos and Collateral URL.
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.