CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification is for instructors who want to verify they have attained a standard of excellence in the training field. CTT+ validates the knowledge and use of tools and techniques necessary for successfully teaching in today’s learning environments.
CompTIA is trusted by employers around the globe. CTT+ certification provides comprehensive training standards to validate skills in a traditional or virtual classroom environment and ensures that you can teach effectively and step up to the front of the class with confidence.
The CompTIA CTT+ covers:
- Basic instructor skills
- Preparation, presentation, and facilitation
- How to evaluate a training session
- Virtual and hybrid instruction
Note: The CTT+ certification exam tests in and out of class teaching expertise, including preparation, facilitation, and physical or virtual classroom evaluation. To earn the certification, two exams must be passed. In addition to TK0-201, you’ll have to pass either TK0-202, or TK0-203, which includes performing instruction to a virtual classroom component or a recording of instructional delivery.
Who should complete this credential?
If you’re looking for a credential that can validate your skills as an instructor, the CompTIA CTT+ is a great place to start. This credential is designed for IT and other business professionals who are regularly delivering content to students and professionals in virtual, hybrid, or in-person consulting settings.
If you’re early in your career as an academic instructor, career technical trainer, product implementation consultant, or training developer, this credential can validate your skills and set you apart from other professionals in your field.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub; you’ll also find submission and other guides on this page
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free or speak to a representative from your school to see if this course is offered at no-cost
- Once you understand if you qualify, purchase and complete the exam via PearsonVue online and follow the step-by-step instructions to create an account, select your online exam, and earn your credential
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.