CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
CompTIA is trusted by employers around the globe, and the CySA+ validates an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization by applying behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security. This credential helps individuals identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface.
The following are covered in CompTIA CySA+:
- Threat and vulnerability management
- Software and systems security
- Compliance and assessment
- Security operations and monitoring
- Incident response
Recommended Experience: CompTIA recommends individuals have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on IT security or related experience, or successfully completed CompTIA Network+ and/or Security+.
CompTIA CySA+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential is ideal for mid-career IT professionals, or
Individuals with extensive knowledge of network infrastructure and security.
CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of Security Operations Centers (SOCs).
This credential is ideal for individuals working in security-sensitive environments in jobs like:
- Security analyst (Tier II SOC analyst or security monitoring)
- Security engineer
- Threat intelligence analyst
- Application security analyst
- Threat hunter
- Incident response handler
- Compliance analyst
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Once you’ve reviewed the exam prep and you’re ready to take the course, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free
- Once you understand if you qualify, you can complete the exam via PearsonVue online and follow the step-by-step instructions to create an account, select your online exam, and earn your credential
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.