The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to complete tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end-users and/or are considering a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
Who should complete this credential?
If you’re considering a career in IT, this credential provides a broad foundation for a variety of pathways. ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
Basic IT concepts and terminology, how to set up PCs and laptops on local networks, managing applications and software, database fundamentals, and IT security are all covered in this course.
If you see yourself working in the tech field, in anything from sales to operations, this course and credential is a great place to start.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Once you’ve reviewed the exam prep and you’re ready to take the course, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub
- Select the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course, identified as a “Core” course
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, you’ll want to reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free
- Once you understand if you qualify, you can complete the exam via PearsonVue online
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.