CompTIA Linux+ validates the competencies required of an early career system administrator supporting Linux systems.
CompTIA is trusted by employers around the globe. The Linux+ credential covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
CompTIA Linux+ validates the technical skills needed in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile, and web administration applications.
This credential covers the following areas:
- Hardware and system configuration
- System operation and maintenance
- Linux troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Automation and scripting
Note: There are two exams associated with this credential, though only one must be completed to earn a certification. The XK1-005 Beta Exam* is new for 2021 and covers an evolving job role that focuses more on how Linux powers the cloud. The exam includes cutting-edge technologies that help automate and orchestrate business processes, including infrastructure as code and containers.
*The Beta Exam was released in 2021 and may only be available for a limited time.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential and the associated coursework are ideal for individuals looking to advance their understanding of Linux in cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web applications.
The CompTIA Linux+ is a job-focused credential that covers the latest foundational skills that hiring managers are seeking. Linux+ provides individuals with expertise in Linux across a wide variety of applications and a direct
pipeline to career opportunities for those with a solid foundation of IT fundamentals.
This credential is ideal for individuals who see themselves as a Linux administrator, network administrator, technical support specialist, web administrator, or systems administrator.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Once you’ve reviewed the exam prep and you’re ready to take the course, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free or speak to a representative from your school to see if this course is offered at no-cost
- Once you understand if you qualify, you can complete the exam via PearsonVue online and follow the step-by-step instructions to create an account, select your online exam, and earn your credential
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.