CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
CompTIA is trusted by employers around the globe. PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of a network against attacks.
The CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam will verify successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Plan and scope a penetration testing engagement
- Understand legal and compliance requirements
- Perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and
techniques, and then analyze the results
- Produce a written report containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively
communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations
Recommended Experience: This certification is for mid-level cybersecurity professionals - individuals with at least 3 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
PenTest+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential is designed for the IT security expert who wishes to advance his career in a hands-on, practitioner role - not as a manager. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
This credential requires extensive experience in IT network and security roles, and it is recommended for individuals with 5-10 years of experience in IT security who wish to validate their skills and understanding of cybersecurity and security architecture.
This credential is best suited for working professionals in roles like security architects, SOC managers, senior security engineers, and security analysts.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
Once you’ve reviewed the exam prep and you’re ready to take the course, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the CompTIA Certification Hub
- Before proceeding to check out or scheduling an exam, reach out to NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the exam for free
- Once you understand if you qualify, you can complete the exam via PearsonVue online and follow the step-by-step instructions to create an account, select your online exam, and earn your credential
Note: this course is for mid-level IT professionals; please consider the recommended experience prior to pursuing this course and credential.
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.