The Associate Android Developer Certification, and Android Basics in Kotlin training needed to complete the credential, provides you with the essential steps of developing, testing, and debugging Android apps in Kotlin, and is designed for people with no prior programming experience.
This credential is designed to test the abilities of an entry-level Android developer by validating skills in the areas of:
- Kotlin basics
- Connecting to the internet
You can learn more about this course by watching this overview.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential is great for individuals who enjoy solving technical problems, collaborating with others, and working with computers.
The Associate Android Developer Certification will help you accelerate your move toward a career in mobile app development. You’ll learn to build simple Android apps with our Android Basics in Kotlin training — no programming experience necessary.
With this certification, you can qualify for in-demand entry-level jobs in Android development. Once complete, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 130 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
To prepare for this certification, review the Grow with Google hub to see if this is the right certificate for you.
Then follow these steps to enroll:
- From Grow with Google, select the Google UX Design Certificate and click “Get Started”
- You’ll then be directed to the Android Developers page, which hosts the Android Basics in Kotlin course that will prepare you to successfully complete the Associate Android Developer Certification Exam
- Once you complete the Android Basics in Kotlin Course, you can sign up for the exam to earn your Associate Android Developer Certificate
- To view the credential study guide, click here
- If you’re ready to take the course, contact NCBCE to see if you qualify to take the course for free, then, you can review the Exam Checklist and follow these steps:
- After you accept the Terms and Conditions, you will purchase the exam, log in with a Google Account (if you do not have one, you will be able to create one during the login process),
- Upload your picture ID (such as a driver's license or passport) as prompted,
- And provide payment information; the exam is priced at $149.
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.