The Introductory IT Support Certificate is a professionally recognized, ACE® approved program with the potential to earn up to 12 college credits.
This certification includes 5 courses where individuals learn in-demand skills that prepare them for entry-level jobs in IT:
- Learn to perform day-to-day IT support tasks including computer assembly, wireless networking, installing programs, and customer service
- Learn how to provide end-to-end customer support, ranging from identifying problems to troubleshooting and debugging
- Learn to use systems including Linux, Domain Name Systems, Command-Line Interface, and Binary Code
Who should complete this credential?
If you’re interested in an entry-level IT job, this credential provides 100 hours of instruction directly from existing Google employees with extensive experience in IT through a mix of videos, assessments, and hands-on labs. Individuals will be introduced to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, and security — foundational IT skills required for an entry-level job.
Once this certification is complete, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 130 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
This certification also serves as a springboard for other certifications, such as the CompTIA A+ exam.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
To prepare for this certification, review the Grow with Google hub to see if this is the right certificate for you.
Then follow these steps to enroll:
- From Grow with Google, select the Introductory Level IT Support Certificate and click “Get Started on Coursera”
- You’ll then be directed to Coursera, which administers the Grow with Google Certifications. Review the course description and overview
- If you’re ready to take the course, contact NCBCE to see if you qualify for a free course
- Then, follow the enrollment instructions to begin the course
Contact our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify for a free course.