This program will introduce you to the foundational concepts of UX design, including user-centered design, the design process, and accessibility. Identify common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and other teams you might work with. Plus, you’ll learn how to start developing a professional presence online.
This certification will provide skills in the areas of:
- Developing personas, user stories, and user journey maps
- Conducting usability studies
- Creating wireframes and prototypes
- Testing and iterating on designs
- Building a professional portfolio
You can learn more about this course by watching this overview.
Who should complete this credential?
This credential is great for individuals who enjoy working to understand people and behavior, designing, and thinking creatively.
User experience (UX) designers focus on the experience that users have while using products like websites, apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions more useful, usable, and accessible to users.
If you’d like to get started in a career in UX design, the Google UX Design Certificate provides you with job-ready skills that will set you on a path to explore the design process, including empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes and prototypes, and testing designs to get feedback.
Once this certification is complete, you can directly apply for jobs with Google and over 130 U.S. employers, including Walmart, Best Buy, and Astreya.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
To prepare for this certification, review the Grow with Google hub to see if this is the right certificate for you.
Then follow these steps to enroll:
- From Grow with Google, select the Google UX Design Certificate and click “Get Started on Coursera”
- You’ll then be directed to Coursera, which administers the Grow with Google Certifications.
- Review the course description and overview
- If you’re ready to take the course, you can try it for free*