The Explore Emerging Tech Learning Plan and Badge is great for high school students but is designed for all learners. If you’re curious about tech, but not sure where to focus, this learning plan provides individuals with an introduction to six emerging technologies and the foundational concepts behind each one.
These concepts include:
- Cloud computing
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Data science
- Internet of Things (IoT)
To earn the Explore Emerging Tech badge, individuals must complete all the modules associated with the learning plan and pass the final assessment with a score of 80% or higher.
Who should complete this credential?
If you are interested in building a foundational understanding of emerging technology, this learning plan and associated badge provides individuals with a broad basis of understanding in the six primary areas of innovation in the technology sector.
Whether you see yourself as a future tech professional, or you are an early- to mid-career professional who’d like to learn more about new and future technology, this digital badge will validate your basic understanding of the fastest growing sectors in IT.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
The Explore Emerging Tech credential is offered through IBM SkillsBuild. To enroll in this course, you’ll follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the IBM SkillsBuild Student Hub
- Find the Explore Emerging Tech learning plan and select "Start Learning"
- Create an account by either linking an existing Google account or by creating a standalone IBM SkillsBuild account
- You may have the ability to log in with your school; if you see your school district displayed, you can select and login when prompted
- Once logged in, complete the basic demographic information, and then begin the courses to earn your first badge