The Cybersecurity Fundamentals course and Badge is great for high school students but is designed for all learners.
Badge earners demonstrate a foundational understanding of cybersecurity concepts, objectives, and practices. This includes cyber threat groups, types of attacks, social engineering, case studies, overall security strategies, cryptography, and common approaches that organizations take to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber-attacks.
Course modules include:
- Overview of cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity: on the offense
- Cybersecurity: on the defense
- A career in cybersecurity
This course also includes an awareness of the job market. Badge earners can use this knowledge to pursue further education for a variety of roles in cybersecurity.
Who should complete this credential?
If you are looking for a credential that can introduce you to the basic concepts of cybersecurity and validate your skills, the Cybersecurity Fundamentals is a great place to start.
Whether you see yourself as a future tech professional, or you are an early- to mid-career professional who’d like to explore a career change into IT security, this credential provides a strong foundation for anyone looking to enhance their skills and understanding of cybersecurity.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals credential is offered through IBM SkillsBuild. To enroll in this course, you’ll follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the IBM SkillsBuild Student Hub
- Find the Cybersecurity Fundamentals course and select “Start Learning”
- Create an account by either linking an existing Google account or by creating a standalone IBM SkillsBuild account
- You may have the ability to log in with your school; if you see your school district displayed, you can select and login when prompted
- Once logged in, complete the basic demographic information, and then begin the courses to earn your first badge