CS101 will introduce you to the field of computer science and the fundamentals of computer programming.
This course is specifically designed for individuals and students with no prior programming experience and uses Java to demonstrate fundamental topics.
Java is a high-level, portable, and well-constructed computer programming language developed by Sun Microsystems (now Oracle).
In this 8-unit course, you will learn the basics of computer science and the Java programming language. The principles you learn here will serve as a foundation as you progress through the computer science discipline.
Who should complete this credential?
Do you see yourself as the next great programmer?
Whether you’d like to build powerful mobile apps, beautiful product websites, or a complex corporate intranet, the Introduction to Computer Science course from Saylor provides you with the baseline knowledge you need to jumpstart your programming pursuits.
The course is first in the Computer Science pathway from Saylor and may qualify for college credits along with a free credential certificate.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
- Explore the CS101 course information
- Then log in or sign up for a Saylor.org account by linking your existing Google or Facebook accounts, or creating a standalone account
- You’ll then need to verify your account credentials via email and complete the user account profile to continue
- Navigate to the “Courses” tab at the top left of the page
- Then, either scroll to Computer Science or search for CS101
- Then select the course and enroll, free of charge