This course is an introduction to fundamental programming concepts by way of the Python 3 programming language. Python 3 is a high-level interpreted language that has many benefits, including easy-to-read and easy-to-write syntax and powerful libraries that provide additional functionality. Even though Python 3 is a great programming language for beginners, it is also used extensively for practical applications in engineering and data science. This course is intended for people with no or very little prior programming experience. It covers a range of topics, such as data types, control flow, functions, file operations, and object-oriented programming. When you finish this course, you will be able to create Python programs for a variety of applications.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
- Explore the CS105 course information
- Then log in or sign up for a Saylor.org account by linking your existing Google or Facebook accounts, or creating a standalone account
- You’ll then need to verify your account credentials via email and complete the user account profile to continue
- Navigate to the “Courses” tab at the top left of the page
- Then, either scroll to Computer Science or search for CS105
- Then select the course and enroll, free of charge