The Networking Essentials Certification provides the basic networking concepts and skills individuals can put to use immediately with no previous networking knowledge needed.
Networking is essential to many business functions today, including business-critical data and operations, cybersecurity, and so much more.
You'll learn these core skills:
- Plan and install a home or small business network using wireless technology, then connect it to the Internet
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using Cisco Packet Tracer
- Practice verifying and troubleshooting network and Internet connectivity
- Recognize and mitigate security threats to a home network
Who should complete this credential?
If you see yourself as a future developer, data scientist, cybersecurity specialist, or you’re an aspiring IT professional looking to broaden your networking domain knowledge, this credential is a great starting point.
The Networking Essentials credential will establish and validate your understanding of the fundamentals of networking no matter where you are in your career.
A Networking Academy digital badge is available for the instructor-led version of this course. No prerequisites required. If you’re interested in a Networking Career, explore the Cisco Net Academy Networking Pathway to discover additional courses and credentials.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
The self-paced Networking Essentials course is completely free. Get started by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Networking Essentials Course page to review the course description and follow the prompts to sign up
- You will be redirected to the Skills for All page by Cisco, where you can create an account, or link your Google or Facebook account to get started
- Once sign-in is complete, you can follow the on-screen prompts to begin your course