This credential validates an individual’s knowledge and skills in SAS 9.4 programming and covers the following areas:
- Explore and access SAS data sets
- Import and export non-SAS file formats
- Control data execution with loops and conditional statements
- Manipulate data with formulas and assignment statements
- Create basic detail and summary reports using Base SAS procedures
- Sort and format SAS data using Base SAS procedures
View the complete SAS 9.4 Programming Fundamentals Exam Guide.
Who should complete this credential?
If you’re new to SAS programming, this credential is a great place to start your SAS journey. This course and exam provides you with the fundamentals of SAS programming, the opportunity to test the knowledge gained in your SAS training classes and demonstrate your understanding of the fundamentals of SAS programming.
If you’re a high school or college student, or an individual looking to advance their knowledge of SAS, this credential provides you with the knowledge needed to start a career in SAS programming.
Step-by-Step Guide to Begin Credential
- Navigate to the SAS Certified Associate credential landing page to learn more about the program
- Review free, self-paced SAS Programming Essentials training (be sure you select the Self-Paced e-Learning course); there are additional resources in the “Training and Exam Preparation” section of the SAS Certified Associate Credential landing page
Once you feel confident in your abilities, you can take the exam by following these steps:
- Select “Register for Exam,” on the landing page
- You’ll be redirected to Certmetrics, where you can create a login or login with your existing SAS credentials
- Follow the prompts to complete the new candidate registration information
- Once logged in, select your exam
Before you get started, be sure to reach out to our NCBCE staff to see if you qualify to get the credential for free.
This is the recommended starting pathway from SAS. For those who complete this pathway and want to investigate more specific certifications, SAS offers curriculum specialists who can recommend an appropriate pathway.